High quality physio and sports therapy throughout Auckland including the North Shore, East, West and South Auckland
- No additional charge for ACC sports rehab for community service card holders and students throughout Auckland
- Sports massage, deep tissue massage and acupuncture as part of your treatments
- Physio for accident, sport, work and health related injuries
5 clinics throughout the North Shore and Auckland
Sports physio treatment across Auckland for the rehabilitation of injury and movement impairment
Absolute Health is New Zealand’s leading provider for ACC physio in Auckland. Our experienced physiotherapists understand how to optimise your body's potential for vibrant health and well-being. Our full range of services covers all types of injuries and movement impairments. The following can be treated:
- Accident related injuries - contusion and heavy bruising, wrist and ankle sprains, sprained ankles
- Sport related injuries - sport improvement, fitness goals, golfers elbow, tennis elbow, sports injuries, running regimes
- Work related injuries - stress management, postural problems, headaches, back pain, neck pain
- Health related injuries - arthritic joints, weight management, sinusitis, knee pain, growing pain, OOS, knee cartilage, muscle imbalances, breathing problems, shingles, osteoporosis, flat feet
Absolute Health offers a range of services of a high quality standard to treat the above injuries including:
- Manual therapy
- Spinal therapy
- Chiropractic treatment
- Sports medicine
- Sports massage therapy
- Manipulative therapy
- Exercise rehabilitation and prescription
- Kinesio taping
- High performance programmes (for swimming, touch rugby, golf and volleyball)
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Pre and post surgical rehabilitation
- Referrals for x-rays, ultrasounds and other health professionals
Whether you need to book in with us for the first time or your Auckland team requires sports massage therapy or further acupuncture sessions on the North Shore and throughout Auckland - contact Absolute Health today. Your can also get in touch if you are seeking physiotherapist jobs in Auckland, NZ. All enquiries will be responded to within one working day.
Physiotherapy for acute, sub-acute and chronic injuries
Physiotherapy can help not only different types of injuries, yet injuries in different stages.
In acute injuries, we can relieve pain and enhance movement by:
- teaching exercise and positions which will prevent or reduce pain
- facilitating movement via manual therapy
- preventing scar tissue limiting future function
- accelerating the healing of injury
In sub-acute injuries, we can relieve pain and enhance movement by:
- using massage and manipulation to restore movement, pain relief and blood flow
- promoting normal movement through muscle stretches and strengthening exercises to achieve improved muscle balance
- providing advice on current and future management to achieve absolute recovery
In chronic injuries, we can relieve pain and enhance movement by:
- using physical conditioning in a progressive programme of exercise to achieve a return of function
- employing acupuncture and pain education to help you manage your injury/condition
- helping you help yourself to live your life as normally as possible
Please read unsolicited testimonials from our patients here.
What you can expect: our physiotherapy process
Our process starts with an initial appointment to get information about your accident and any on-going symptoms you may have. A treatment and rehab plan is then developed for you.
Treatments may consist of one or more of the following modalities performed either in isolation or in combination with another;
- Manual Therapy
Manual Therapy forms the base of our treatment approach. Absolute Health has a strong hands-on approach. Manual therapy treatments may consist of soft or deep tissue massage, gentle joint mobilisation or manipulation, localised tendon or ligament work, strapping and joint or muscle stretches. Treatments usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
Exercises are used to rehabilitate and strengthen bones, joints, tendons, ligaments and muscles following an injury or to correct muscle imbalances to optimise biomechanics. The exercises patients are taught are specific to their needs and are reviewed and progressed regularly as your body responds to the therapy with improving strength and flexibility.
Education is one of the greatest tools we can provide; it enables you to quickly understand and manage your injury to achieve absolute recovery and it also aids in preventing the recurrence of injury.
Acupuncture is a powerful modality used to modulate pain and accelerate and enhance the body's natural healing process. Our physiotherapists are trained to use it acupuncture in a safe and gentle manner for muscle and or joint pain or problems. Acupuncture is routinely preformed in conjunction with other therapeutic modalities and techniques. Click here for more information about the range of Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments we offer.
- Network of experts
We have a large network of other medical professionals such as Registered ACC Chinese acupuncturists, surgeons, sport physicians, nutritionists and podiatrist which we utilise.
We are now offering Ergonomics!
We are excited to announce that we now offer occupational physiotherapy services which include ergonomics! Our clinic approach to ergonomics is what sets us apart from other services. We take an educative approach to these assessments, communicating and explaining what we recommend and why. This approach enables staff to better understand the concept of working with effective biomechanical postures and techniques. This results in more sustainable outcomes and compliance from staff following our assessments.
We have a lot of different packages to offer from whole workforce to just one staff member, so get in touch today and we can provide a personalised quote or just answer any questions you may have.
For more information please click here for a PDF Booklet on Ergonomics